Old December 26th 03, 11:40 AM
Krysia Thompson

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 01:22:34 GMT, IMS
wrote:

Got up this morning at 7:30 to get the bird prepped and in the oven.
Now, I don't know about any of you but I am absolutely in a daze first
thing in the AM, a real walking zombie. Well to make a long story
short, in my attempt to get some coffee made and also get the bird in
the oven, I sustained a major burn on my right palm. Ouch!! Talk about
throwing a wrench into dinner preparations. And, to top it off, the
roasting pan I put the turkey in ended up being too shallow and about an
hour before dinner smoke filled the house as the drippings overflowed
onto the oven floor! Thank goodness this is a new stove and I suppose I
should be positive and look at it from the perspective of now being able
to test the self clean feature. And, you know, it's really hard to
carve a turkey left handed when you're right handed...I'm so glad I
remembered the electric knife.

Thank goodness for all the help from the DH and DS and my other dinner
guests who pitched in to help the cripple....dinner was actually a
success.

Anyway to get back on topic, I just finished loading up one of my
Christmas gifts, EQ5 onto my computer! What a nifty program!! Guess
I'll work up some projects for the remainder of the evening because I
certainly won't be able to sew for a few days.

Anyone else have a Christmas day disaster?
------------------------
"Old quilters never die, they just go to pieces."

my nutroast was quite horrible (recipe tested by SIL, recipe from
a newspaper...

children argued on Christmas Eve, which upset me rather a lot.
all ironed out later that evening

turkey breast stood on table right in front of vegetarian
children...

still can't find the Chrismtas spirit in me...

enough?

krysia
K.T. - starannie opakowana