Old April 2nd 15, 06:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ruth[_4_]

Default Advice Please

As I have mentioned before, I am working on The Nativity by Heaven & Earth. It's a project that is done with two threads over one, and it is LARGE. The fabric I am using is 25 count Lugana. Since I will be going to my local needlework shop tomorrow, I thought I would ask advice today and hope someone will have the answers I seek before I get there. (it's usually quite busy and my husband will be waiting in the car. LOL) The problem I am having is two fold. 1. The needles I am using are size 28 DMC, all the stitches are done in an area and there's one left to do in the middle, I have a hard time poking the needle through the fabric. Often times the needle will bend.. Is there a better brand/size of needle I should be using? 2. Frogging an area where I have made a mistake is hard with those tiny stitches. What would help to make it easier? I am not even done with page 1 of the design and have only had to frog once, but I know I will most likely have to do it again at some point, and I am not looking forward to having to do it again. I appreciate you all reading this, (I know it's long), and I appreciate any help you can give me in this. Thanks much.