Old October 4th 11, 09:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default black fabric?

I like RJR Confetti - a black with lots of tiny dots of many colors. It
keeps a quilt from saying "this is a very serious occasion". Of course, you
might not want that - I just use it for black sheep, dump truck tires and
such. Another black I keep on hand is from Moda. It ravels really well if
you have a need to do a hairy raw-edge appliqué; especially good on bumble
bees. Polly

"Pat S" wrote in message
Just be aware that it is going to pick up the slightest fibre in the air -
it doesn't even have to touch the fabric, but it will stick. If you do
use batting that beards, it will show that, too. I have tended towards
tone on tone 'blacks' for a while now, because I can never seem to get it
'clean'.
It looks wonderful, though g especially with bright colours.
.
In message , Janner
writes
Any recommendations for black fabric to use as background for a change? I
usually piece with calico in ecru but thought that I might experiment with
black, so any do's or don'ts?

Janner
France

--