Old November 30th 05, 10:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Yarn Equivalent

NEvermind, I gave my Visa a workout online and bought the brown sheep stuff!
worked out just as cheap even with the shipping added on!

Charlie.

"DA" wrote in message

"Charlie" wrote in message
Yet another question...

I want to buy the wool to make a hat, and the pattern needs:

Brown Sheep Company Lamb's Pride Bulky (85% wool/15%mohair; 4 oz/125

yds)
To knit on US10.5 (6.5mm) needles.

So heres the loaded questions, either where can I buy this online in the
UK,
or what's a good equivalent? Thought I might try and makes cool stripy
hats
for two of my friends this Christmas!

Charlie.

Charlie,
You can use any bulky yarn or any yarn for that matter just as long as

your
gauge matches the one given in the pattern, and you have the right

yardage.
Rowanspun Chunky or Yorkshire Tweed Chunky will do. Cleckheaton and

Patons
also make several bulky weight yarns.
If you are near Bradford, there are a couple of mill stores there that

have
a wonderful selection of yarns and the prices are excellent. Knight and

Lee
have a good selection of yarns and the clerks are extremely helpful.
DA