Old March 11th 11, 04:38 PM
JennyL JennyL is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindakeeling View Post
Hi, I purchased a Zippy 90 on ebay recently, but each time I try to run the carriage across even 1 needle it jams in the carriage, and the needles seem to be magnetic! Does anyone have any answers for me I am keen to get started!
thanks Linda
Hi Linda, Just posted re the very same thing!! I had exactly the same probs with my 25 year old Zippy90 and have replaced the sponge strip brake, then replaced all the needles as Marge on this forum describes, and hey presto, knits like a dream!! It uses the same sponge strip as the LK150. You can get a sponge strip from www.andeeknits.co.uk for £6.50-ish. Mine was magnetic too, but fine now....I did spray needle bed with an antistatic spray, might have helped.

Good luck! Jenny