Old November 22nd 03, 09:51 PM
Arondelle

BeckiBead wrote:
Glad someone said this. Use only "fishing" line that is used for
beading, not the "real" fishing line and I am not sure what I am
talking about, but others are. The monofiliment line stretches and
breaks. It is made to stretch and break, and doesn't hold up well
to beading.

I was rummaging aroung in my sewing desk and came up with a spool of
"transparent" nylon thread. Naturally, this with fit into even a #13
needle, and I suppose it was designed to take the abuse of being run
through a sewing machine. (I use it for the bobbin thread when I use
metallic thread in decorative stitching.)

It does stretch like crazy, but it springs back like a rubber band. I
wasn't able to break it by hand.

Any thoughts?

Arondelle
To email me, empty the pond with a net