Old November 5th 07, 05:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit
Leah

Default Brother 930 lace tips?

Hi,

Does anyone have any tips for doing lace on the Brother 930? I've
cleaned and oiled my machine, have a new sponge bar, cleaned my
carriages, and tried both the EON cast on and an E wrap. I've checked
for bent needles, hung claw weights, checked tension mast for
snags/yarn feeding smoothly, and I'm still getting dropped stitches
when knitting my test pieces. I'm using fingering wool at T 10 for
test pieces, since I have plenty of it to spare and I want a filmy
lace. Is it just I'm using too loose a tension, or is it the wrong
weight/fiber, or could something else be behind all the dropped
stitches? I don't think I'm moving the carriages too fast, and I'm
moving my claw weights up every 6 rows. I also have the wax up in the
yarn feeder, as recommended.

TIA for any tips you can give me on wrestling The Beast into
submission for lace!

Leah