Old October 11th 04, 11:59 PM
Steve Mills

For a hollow die to make fine tubes I use a 2 X 3/16 inch round head
bolt bent into a U shape and secured with 2 nuts to one side of the die.
Works a treat!

Steve
Bath
UK

In article , Tony
writes
Steve,
I've also used the old plastic 'switch plates' the thing that goes over the
light switch on the wall. I use a dremell tool to shape them. Haven't made
any hollow dies yet though. The tube I used is PVC drain pipe as under a
sink etc. It's inside diameter was larger (but only slightly) that the
plunger on the caulk gun.
Take care..
Tony

http://tonyolsen.com/up/

"Steve Mills" wrote in message
Tony,

That's very close to how I make my guns. The difference is I use 55mm
rainwater pipe, and pop-rivet a disc of plastic cut to fit onto the
plunger. The dies are made by using one of those cheap hole-cutter kits
you get in hardware stores; the hole it drills in the middle is a good
start for a die shape.

Steve
Bath
UK

In article , Tony
writes
http://tonyolsen.com/up/extruder/

Check this link and see if it will work for you..
Tony

"Shmuel" wrote in message
I am looking to buy, or make, an inexpensive extruder. Any ideas?

Shmuel

--
Steve Mills
Bath