Old October 11th 04, 04:41 AM
Slgraber

think about the basics needed - barrel, ram head, wall attachment. arm to
provide extra force.

hit up the professional plumbing stores for large diameter pipe.

some areas have odd junk yards. i know one in Bellflower, CA (usa) (Nick's
JunkYard) that has EVERYTHING except car parts! they even have a 14 foot
diameter simulated satellite. i think you could go there with an extrude in
mind and find the right parts.

the workers there are also pretty creative & know their junk yard inventory.
speak with them and they may help you pull together what you want.

air compressor driven rams are also available here & there.

draw up some plans for yourself to understand what you might need.

see ya

steve

Subject: Extruder
From: Spunky the Tuna
Date: 10/10/2004 5:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time
"Shmuel" wrote:

I am looking to buy, or make, an inexpensive extruder. Any ideas?

I've often thought that you could make an extruder out of a decent quality
caulking gun. Not the $1.99 jobs at the cheapo hardware store, but the
professional types that are made of much heavier stuff.

It ought to be cheap to do. The limitation, obviously, would be that you'd
only be able to extrude fairly small shape and your reservoir of clay would
also be pretty small.

But it might be worth a shot.
--
Spunky the Tuna