Old September 22nd 09, 01:13 AM
Alexa2 Alexa2 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbstevens View Post
CM Fox wrote:

The Meco Midget seems to have the range that could work with the larger
silver pieces...but can it also work with the finer/delicate pieces?

No single torch can do everything.
A Y manifold (about $20 U.S.) makes you able to run your old torch and the
new one. These area available for both fuel and oxygen tanks, so almost
any combination is possible. I'm presently running an air-acetylene and an
oxy-acetylene Little Torch, using a manifold on just the acetylene tank.
--
mbstevens http://www.mbstevens.com
I am mulling over the exact same decision for the same reasons. I have the Prest-0-lite Silversmith torch with acetylene/air. It doesn't have finer tips for precise and delicate work. I hope for more posts to help decide whether to get a Smith Little Torch or the Meco Midget.