Old February 12th 04, 08:43 PM
Christina Peterson

Hi Sharon,

Glad you have come to join us. Another Aussie. This must be the hottest
part of summer now, for you. Here in Fairbanks, Alaska we just had our
first day of above freezing weather yesterday. It was a record high.

What kind of beading have you been doing?

Tina

"zakvesh" wrote in message
om.au...
hi everyone, i'm a newbie to your newsgroup and have only been beading for

short time... i haven't ventured into lampwork as yet, mostly due to the
expense (but i think my own ignorance lol)... Kandice, I have just had a
look at your website and your jewellery and beads are absolutely
exquisite... I noticed on your auction page that these bracelets

initially
started at $9.99 and are now well over $70 -- so it goes to show that the
$9.99 is an attraction that brings in the bids... and it works! BTW is
that price acceptable to you?? or is it only just covering costs? (i only
ask because i don't want to 'overpay' for beads, but i certainly want to
know what they are worth because as the seller & manufacturer you need to
make $$$$$ -- otherwise what is the point! -- Also, I would like to think
that as part of the beading community I'm not hurting any of my
"sisters"...)

I make this post as i have been reading your "Beadmakers Liberation Front"
thread... I, like others within your group, can see both sides. As a
beader, obviously the less i pay for my beads, the more profit goes into

my
own pocket and that's only a natural want of anybody. Having said that,
when you see such beautiful beads as Kandice's you can clearly see their
worth and I can see how the collection fettish could quite easily stick.

I will keep reading and throwing my 2c worth in every now & then if that's
ok... I'm just starting up my market here (in Western Australia) and

would
like to learn everything possible... oh & Kandice you'll hear from me

again,
because my goal now is to buy at least one of your beautiful pieces and I
will also make a point of having a look at the rest of the sites in this
group... I had no idea there was so much variety, and so many talented
people... and i love the way that every piece is as individual as the

person
that makes them.

Your friend in beading,
Sharon (no www, no links... yet!)

"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
Thank you for this. Every bead I put up for sale sells in a very short
amount of time, and mostly for a very decent price - even the ones on my
website. I never have any inventory. I know it may sound like I am
bragging, but I am not. I have to disappoint many customers who email

or
call and ask what I have on hand that they can buy right now. This is

why
have such a difficult time making up any invetory for a show. It just

sells
too fast (not that I'm complaining!!). I feel very very fortunate that

this
is the case. Many lampworkers do have a lot of beads in inventory, even
though their beads are just gorgeous. For some reason, people just like

my
stuff, and they like how I market my stuff. I am really happy about

that!!
Of course, I work like a dog and I have no other life, but that's the

way
it
goes. I wouldn't change it for millions upon millions of dollars,

either.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

I think that the people complaining about low selling prices should

look
inward, rather than outward. If your beads are truly unique and

technically
perfect, you'll have the world beating a path to your door - and

probably
sooner rather than later. Kandice, you're a perfect example of this.

(even
though you are evil and "heh, heh, heh" at me all the time) You

really
haven't been at your craft for a very long time, but I suspect that

you
have
very few beads that go unsold (or sell for a pittance). Your beads

are
beautiful, and your customers recognize that they are well worth the

money.