Old April 2nd 04, 02:02 PM
Shirley.Caylor

Take a look at this quilt. The green strip fabric on the right with the
gold zig zag may give you some ideas.

http://store1.yimg.com/I/elainemagni..._1784_10054179

Shirley

"Mel Rimmer" wrote in message
I'm quilting DS1s jungle animal quilt. There's a picture of it at:

http://www.askv41.dsl.pipex.com/mhp/...y/HPIM0015.htm

I'm stippling all the blue areas to make them recede into the
background. I'm quilting around the animals to make them stand out. My
problem is what to do with the zebra border?

I've already decided to use invisible thread (though I've never used it
before) because anything else will detract from the black/white zebra
pattern. I'd like to do some kind of African zig-zag border pattern, but
I don't know how to make zig-zags look particularly African.

I'm thinking of making a trip to the museum where they have some African
art, and maybe seeing if I can find something in the library, but I
thought maybe someone in this group may have already tackled an African
quilt and come up with something that would help me.
--
Mel Rimmer