Old June 14th 04, 10:47 AM
Kate Hare

I'm so excited about the A-Z of New York I've decided to do another alphabet
design - this time based on the whole of the United States. Famous
historical figures, cultural icons, food, places, people etc...keep those
suggestions coming!

Kate,
sunny Dunfermline
---------------

Albany Hill
www.albanyhill.com
email
please remove the "nospam" from header to reply

"Kate Hare" wrote in message
Hi,

I've been toying with the idea of designing an alphabet needlepoint
wall-hanging but wanted a theme besides the usual A is for apple.... I
thought about doing an International version with each letter in a foreign
language before deciding it was way too complicated. Then I thought about
doing one based on the United States as seen through a British

perspective.
I've since narrowed it down a bit further and want to concentrate on New
York. This is where I need some help - any suggestions? I've thought of

some
obvious ones already - B is for Big Apple, Y is for Yellow Cab etc....

Each
letter will be approx 60 stitches x 60 stitches in size so I can't be too
ambitious with the design. I'm also keen to do an A-Z of London which
incorporates a bit if cockney rhyming slang!

Kate,
sunny Dunfermline