Old July 17th 03, 08:07 PM
Meghan

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 21:52:08 -0500, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

Also, you can use a shorter stitch length + backtack which may be a bit
sturdier. When choosing fabric, pick the ones that are tightly woven rather
than loose as in "homespun".

Thanks, I did change the stitch length after this suggestion!

As to son's beloved quilt, why don't you put some appliqués on the
"turning loose" areas. Let him help you choose the bugs or bears or whatever
his little heart wants. That way it will still be his cherished quilt and
even better. Polly

I've been thinking of this, I'm just not sure what to applique. The seams
have come undone between the blocks and sashing so they're in odd places, and
the design of the quilt doesn't really lend itself to applique, but I'll
figure something out. I even thought of trying to match the fabrics in a
patch so you can't tell from a distance.

Meghan