Old April 18th 17, 05:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default Just a Simple Patch Quilt

Hello Group,
So far with all my experimenting as I have pinned, ironed rows in opposite directions so they would mesh together at seams, then also did not "press" these squares at all because I kept them in boxes for each size. These were already(Brian)flat. Used solids and prints(no stripes) and put them together so the colors would be pleasing and each row didn't have a matching square in front or behind next row. One of my experiments is I found that some material stretches more than other material when ironed. I will try just pressing too(thanks for that idea). My best luck so far was pinning and sewing together the squares, rows before pressing. Have made 3 quilts this way so far and have one left which is different prints that I am putting together with baby prints and solids. Hope these experiments help you all. I am sort of a perfectionist and have found that nothing in life is perfect, so why should material sewn together be perfect. Thank you all for your comments.
Sandy$