Old January 4th 10, 01:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary in Rock Island IL

Default Log Cabin Quilt

Here is a log cabin quilt I made several years ago:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/illini8...7602179862275/

IIRC, the blocks are 10 inches. That was a good size, big enough that
I did not need to make a million blocks but small enough that there
was some "play" in making a design.

OK, I just looked at the pattern

http://quilterscache.com/L/LogCabinBlock.html

and found that the blocks are 12 inches.

When I look at log cabin blocks, it seems that some are
disporoportionate--logs being too thick for the size of the block. It
is, of course, in the eye of the beholder. Probably also depends on
what kind of design you anticipate creating with those logs.

Have fun!

Mary
"Kate T." wrote:

I've never made this quilt and need some help.

I want to make a queen log cabin and don't know what size block to
make. I got a fella in mind that just built a log cabin and want to
give it to him.

any suggestions on block size and colors.

Any of you gentlemen quilters have any suggestions for me.

Kate T. South Mississippi