Old December 17th 08, 05:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Linda D.

Default seed bead quality

A little suggestion to those of you who work with seed beads. If you
are absolutely desperate and need to purchase seed beads, please do
not purchase them at Walmart unless they are a brand you've used
before. Last week, I needed clear AB seed beads. Michael's had been
out of stock for a few weeks, and the only other store in town with
any seed beads was Walmart. I purchased three packages, but the beads
are so inconsistent in size it's agony working with them. I strung
what I needed onto #8 perle cotton for beaded knitting, but I keep
having to break beads because they are either so small and weirdly
shaped, or so big and weirdly shaped.

The good news is when I get some better quality beads I will
appreciate them that much more.

take care, Linda D. in B.C., Canada