Old November 6th 03, 02:59 AM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

From: "Gwandwad"

....... She has heard of a glass that hangs by a cord
from the neck, rests on the chest and allows work in the lap to be viewed.

I do a lot of handwork and have used one of these things and I DO NOT like
it!! The cord is very thin and eventually hurts your neck. What is even
*more* irritating is that the whole things rests on your chest. Now, most
women don't have a very flat chest -- me included! Each and every time I would
take a deep breath or cough, etc. that blamed madnifyer would go sliding off
the front of my chest! VERY irritating to say the least.
What I would recommend is Mag-Eyes. I use them all the time when I travel
or am away from home. Here is a link so that you can get a look at them...
http://www.mageyes.com . They are available from just about any decent
nedlework or quilting store for about $28.00US. The lens is removable and the
set comes with 2 different levels of magnification and other levels are
available.
If that doesn't seem to be suitable for your wife AND if she wears glasses,
perhaps she would like a pair of the little clip on magnifyers that are also
available at most LNS and LQS. I can't use them (they make me queasy) so I
can't even give an estimate on price or a link. I am sure someone else will be
able to help with that.
All of the different types of magnifyers are available through mail order or
online from Nordic Needle at http://www.nordicneedle.com (NAYY) . they are a
great company and I think they will ship to the UK -- but it might be lewss
expensive to have your son send it to you.
Hope this info nelps. Talk to your wife about the mag glass that hangs
around the neck -- it really IS a pain in the neck -- literally and
figuratively -- LOLOL! CiaoMeow ^;;^
..
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!