Old November 6th 03, 01:18 AM
Polly Esther

I have one that is a floor lamp. It is weighted so the swing arm can go
wherever you need it. You might consider this kind because it is also great
for removing splinters, replacing the screws in eyeglasses, reading the
numbers on tiny batteries and all kinds of tedious little chores. Polly

"dogmom" wrote in message
I know I've seen what you're describing but of course I can't remember
where! But www.keepsakequilting.com has two other magnifying type-things
that might work and I suspect if you emailed them they'd help any way they
could. At least it might be a starting point.

Wait--try this!

http://www.magnifyingglasses.co.uk/a...ands_Free_Magn
ifiers_and_Stands_12.html

Dogmom

"Gwandwad" wrote in message
My wife has come to patchwork & quilting late in life and her eyes are

not
as young as they used to be. She has heard of a glass that hangs by a

cord
from the neck, rests on the chest and allows work in the lap to be

viewed.
Can anyone point us to a source of supply?

We are in the UK and our son is in MA so sources on either side of the
Atlantic would be OK.

many thanks

Dick Bond