Old March 4th 05, 02:43 PM

LB Mar 3, 10:11 pm show options

Newsgroups: rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
From: "LB" - Find messages by this author
Date: 3 Mar 2005 22:11:12 -0800
Subject: How to wash satin materials?
original | Report Abuse

I have some old satin I would like to use and some of it has some faded

patches (I think from light). Is it possible to wash it so it all
matches or is there a way to blend the colors with some type of stain
remover?

Thanks!
---
How about planning your cuts to use the fading for accents? Faded,
multi-colored fabric is all the rage right now. You could do a little
embroidery or beadwork over the faded areas, to make it seem
deliberate, and better incorporate it into the dress/top.
Cea