Old June 18th 04, 11:12 PM
Dr. Sooz

I have some plain glass 'gem' beads that have a rainbow/mirror finish on
them. Cheap beads really, but I was wondering how to remove the rainbow
finish off the beads. I saw a project in the Michaels Project book to make
magnets with decoupage (sp?). I wanted to use these beads because they are
really a nice size but you can't see through the rainbow finish very well.

Wendy, my advice would be to buy some more beads in the same size/shape.
You're stuck with that finish unless you sandblast them, etch them, or
something equally laborious (and/or expensive). It's not worth the effort (or
expense) when there are so many beads out there, waiting for a good home.
~~
Sooz