Old October 27th 17, 08:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default Questions about 36ct fabric; plys of thread & bead size?

On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 12:53:52 PM UTC-4, Violet Stitches wrote:
I bought the pattern for Mirabilia's Petal Fairy, see it he
http://www.123stitch.com/item/Mirabi...attern/04-3255

Now I'm contemplating what to do. I have a gorgeous peachy colored, opalescent fabric in my stash, but it's 36ct and I've never worked on that before.

If I were to stitch 2 over 2, would the thread be too thick for 36 count fabric?

I'm also considering stitching 1 over 1 but I've never done that before. Will 1 thread be enough coverage on 36ct? The pattern calls for Kreinik...I can't believe that stuff can be worked 1 over 1. Perhaps just using a single strand of blending filament would work?

Have you guys ever stitched such a large pattern 1 over 1 before, and will mistakes be too difficult to rip out? I doubt I can get through a pattern this size without needing to rip out at least some stitches (I make mistakes all the time).

Also, there's not too many beads on this project...it's hard to tell on the picture but the beads are only at the ends of the fairy's wings and swirling around the bottom of her dress (they aren't packed in too tightly, as they are in other mira's). What size bead should I use for 36ct?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions you might have.

very pretty. We just moved into shepherds grove. I also am a stitcher. check out my instagram glennahenn1