Old March 28th 06, 03:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Expensive yarns???

I have used Elann.com quite a bit too and have been very satisfied.
One thing to remember, though, is that since many of the yarns or the
particular shades of yarns they sell are discounted because they are
discontinued (they do have some of their own brands there, however). I
usually get an extra ball if I am at all worried about having enough
for the project because of that. As you might guess, I learned the
hard way - though I was able on the internet (with a lot of searching)
to find a ball of the same dye lot when I did run short.

I have used some of their own collection (currently click on the second
box on the left on the site that refers to mill to you yarns.) The
Peruvian Collection Highland Wool is a nice worsted wool yarn in lots
of nice colors at a decent price -- and the baby silk is really lovely
for a scarf.

I have been happy with their service. They ship to us from Point
Roberts, Washington, so it gets here really quickly. (They seem to be
located in BC, not too far from the border)

Padishar Creel wrote:
Shelagh, I just looked up Elann.com and wow you are right! What deals!
I be all happier now and thanks for all the advice!

Padishar creel