Old March 9th 04, 04:12 PM
Kris

Kathy,
They now have Steam_A-Aeam Lite..

Kris

"KJ" wrote in message
news:nXk3c.508418$I06.5513042@attbi_s01...
I have a roll of that too. Maybe I'll switch back. It's been a while

since
I used SAS II, so I can't remember exactly why I tried to make the switch.
Seems like it was still a bit stiff for what I wanted. But that might be
better than an ugly appliqué! I tried "Transweb" in a class one year.

What
a disaster! That stuff won't stay on the paper long enough to trace the
design, let alone cut it out! It's nice and soft, but harder than heck to
work with.

--
Kathyl yup, that's an L

"Kris" wrote in message
Kathy,
I love using "Steam-A-Seam II" for my fusing. It's user friendly.
It's tacky on both sides and you get to play around with where you want

place things on your quilt. ( and you can pick them off and re-place

them)
When you are happy with your design, then you place the hot iron of

them
for about 15 seconds and they are sealed in place permanently.

Kris ( in northern virginia)

"KJ" wrote in message
After being a WonderUnder user for many years, I switched to Heat and

Bond
lite for fusible appliqué projects. At first I ignored the

instructions
(after all, I KNEW how to fuse!) and I wasn't happy with the results.

So
have tried fusing with their directions and am still not very happy,

Here's
what happens.... I get the image of the bumps on the front side of the
appliqué piece, especially on lighter fabrics. So I thought maybe I

was
still fusing too long, or too hot....but when reduced both, I didn't

get
good fuse. Have any of you been consistently successful with this

fusible?
It might be a little more flexible than WonderUnder, but I'm not

seeing
much
difference.
Any ideas?