Old August 8th 07, 11:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dawn in Alberta

Default OT Breast Cancer Rant

Its is very hard to imagine that this would happen, my mom who five years
ago had a lumpectomy stayed over night in the hospital, but mind you it was
to have only been a day surgery thing as well. Her operation was to have
been at 11:30am, had to be at the hospital at 6am, she didn't have the
operation until 6pm. Because the operation was so late and only done at the
insistence of her Doctor at the time, ( the hospital it self wanted to
postpone the operation) that was the reason why she was able to stay over
night but none the less was out at 7am the next day.
Turns out that the type of cancer my mom had was the most aggressive and
deadly.Hers was thankfully at a barely stage one and no lymph nodes
involved. She is now 5 years cancer free. Steve I hope that your friends
mother has enough love and support behind her as my mom did. It does help.
It is horrid that a human being can be treated like this with out fear of
consequences. Health care no matter where you are is suffering because of
the bottom line. Its sad to know that a human life is not as equal to a
dollar any more. Should be the other way around in my books, life is more
important then the dollar but as "They" say money makes the world go round.

By the way who are "They" "Them"?

Dawn in Alberta
When life gets you Down Get up and Mambo

"steve" wrote in message
Hello All

Well, I am on a rant today, let me tell you. A former student of mine,
whom
I think very highly of, is at home this evening caring for his mother who
had a complete left breast mastectomy today. That is not even half of
what
irritates me. She arrived at the hospital at 6:00 am and was discharged
at
12:30 pm. 6 1/2 HOURS LATER!!!!!!!!!! What are insurance companies and
Doctors thinking? Obviously not about the patient. Is this the norm?
Please tell me it isn't. I did find this link for a petition to back a
bill
before congress.

http://www.lifetimetv.com/breastcanc...gnpetition.php

I have went to it and so has Bert. I am sure that most of you have
already
been to such a site already. I am simply outraged over this. I'll
probably
email my three congressional delegates but doubt if anything will come of
it. All three are under investigation for corruption.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Steve
Alaska