Old November 10th 16, 04:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default Repairing a quilt, part 2

Hello Brian,
My grandmother use to make and repair quilts even though she never had a sewing machine but did everything by hand. I did a lot of watching, when quilts started wearing, especially on the binding she would take the old off and replace it with new, getting as close as possible to the colors used in her quilt. For summer quilts batting, she would cut sections of old worn out sheets stitching them together. I know I loved her quilts because I would find material used from old shirts, dresses not only mine but my aunts and uncles. It made me feel close to those quilts like a part of each of us was within them.
Sandy$