Old October 13th 05, 03:26 AM
KJ

Enjoy yourself Tricia. It's not as much pressure as one might think. I
doubt many will be working on something, but you certainly won't be the
only one there with some hand work. Guilds get a lot of grief about not
being very friendly, but it takes a while to get to know new people. Some
of the gals only see each other at the meeting, so they tend to gravitate to
each other and not seek out new people. Don't give up! If there are any
committees or classes you can attend, I highly recommend it. You meet
people on a little different basis that way and it's a bit easier to make a
connection in that way. Have a great time...they are fortunate to have you!

"Tricia" wrote in message
ups.com...
Well, I'm about to head off to my first ever in person guild meeting
and I have no idea what to expect so I'm nervous as all get out. Not
sure if I should be taking somethign to work on, so I am -- just in
case. Even though it is quite carppy it is something in progress (I've
been working on it for like 4 years off and on and not happy with it
but determined to finish it so it can finally go to who it is intended
for) and quite honestly, my only in progress item right now.

Okay, *deep breath* I'm going to try and get over my nerves about
meeting new people and just go....

Tricia