Old August 31st 03, 03:24 PM
Dewitt

Default Texture

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 09:09:54 +0000 (UTC), Uncle John
wrote:

Once bisqued I cover it with manganses dioxide and rub it off. The final
product has a real organic look and feel to it

Has anybody got any other suggestions for adding texture to a thrown pot?

I don't have any texturing ideas for you, but please be careful with
the manganese dioxide. Exposure to manganese fumes during firing
builds up over time and can result in Parkinson's disease-like
symptoms. I don't recall the name, but one well known potter is
believed to have died from this. Fire only in a well ventilated area.

deg