Old February 20th 07, 08:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default Twisted cord untwists

You could cast on as much stitches that you need than knit one row and
cast it off again ,
Crochet cast on ,,, etc...
make a braid ,,, [you need a thread 3X longer than needed braid.
mirjam

Hi all

I have been working through the following pattern for a pair of lovely
little bee booties and matching hat: http://www.magknits.com/Jan06/patterns/bee.htm

My problem is with making the twisted cord for the top of the hat - I
have tried following the instructions on the pattern but the cords
simply untwist again after tying the knots. Can anybody help me out,
or point me at some clearer instructions (preferably with pictures)
for making such cords, or even suggest an alternative type of cord
that could be used? I'm quite new to knitting and have never had to
make a cord before.

Many thanks
Helen