Old September 5th 12, 02:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
BEI Design[_3_]

Default Has anyone ever MacGyvered way to have regular sewing machine hold thread cone?

Craftsy wrote:
On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 10:55:35 -0400, "Ron Anderson"
wrote:
Be sure to get the one with the cast iron base. The
plastic ones tip and do not stay put well. I can supply
it if you can;t find it local.

Ah well, I saw my cone holder on sale before reading this
post. I got
a plastic-bottomed one. Well, I'll just have to live
with it for now.
I got it on sale so it's not like I paid a fortune for
something
flimsy. I could come up with a way to keep the base more
stable if it becomes a problem.

Two words: Duct Tape... .