Old November 10th 03, 10:12 PM
Mary in Rock Island IL

"TwinMom" wrote:

1) How do you feel about a father accompanying his very young daughter into
the women's restroom to use the facilities? Would you feel threatened or
offended, or would you understand the situation?

While I would understand that she can't be unescorted, I would expect
he would take her into the men's room
2) If you, or your family has experienced this problem with dads/daughters,
how did you address it?

My DH took our daughter into the men's room when she was young. When
she got older, he would stand outside the women's room and wait for
her
3) Not important, but I am starting to get "looks" at having my little boys
in the facilities with me. Do any of you take offense at boy children, say
under 10, in the woman's restroom with their mothers?

I'm actually surprised your boys are still willing to go in with you.
Well before my boys became 7, they refused to go into the women's room
with me. Standing outside the men's room isn't fun but it is what I
did until I didn't think they needed me that close by.
I'm not offended per se. Unless there is a special reason, I do think
once children are school age they should be in their own bathroom.
TIA
Lorraine in Los Alamos

Mary