Old November 10th 03, 09:44 PM
The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me

If a man was standing outside a woman's restroom with his daughter and
asked me if I minded if he went inside with her, I would say "no, I
don't mind" and would volunteer to check inside to see if it was "safe"
and/or ask the ladies inside if they minded. Since all the ladies
inside would be in a private "stall" I don't see a problem, but I'd ask.
(In a men's restroom, a little girl doesn't have the privacy feature of
all stalls and would be exposed to a degree of nudity, etc.) If I were
*inside* a ladies restroom and a man waltzed in unannounced, I'd
probably chase him out.... just a knee-jerk reaction- sorry. If I were
going inside a ladies room and a man asked me to watch out for his
daughter/accompany her, I'd be glad to do so, but then I'm a sweet
looking granny with a limp VBG and I guess I just appear
trust-worthy..... I always seem to get asked to do things like this
(small shop owners- who don't know me!- have asked me to watch their
shop while they run to the rest room or to get the mail, or they hand me
$20 and ask me to go across to the bank and get change for them, etc.).
I don't mind little boys in a ladies room, but then I'm pretty relaxed
and casual about things like that. BUT I will NOT tolerate little
children, of either sex, peeking under the walls- or thru the cracks in
the door- of my stall!!! I've had that happen innumerable times and
some mothers don't seem to think that's a call for discipline?!?!?
Sheesh- but that makes me angry!!!!!

It's a difficult call. I have two sons and was a single parent, but
back in those days it wasn't quite so scary. But I did a LOT of
worrying when I sent my precious boys into public restrooms together.

Leslie interested in hearing what others have to say on this subject
and glad The Furbabies have their own solution!

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me- My dogs aren't my whole life...they make my
life whole.

RCTQ- Houston 2004..... A good friend will come and bail you out of
jail.... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...
that was fun!"