Old October 26th 11, 10:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Default October 25 - quilting?

Are the sparkly ones at the bottom of the drawer? My granny always
said to put away laundered linens at the bottom of the stack so you
could keep rotating them, but we all get in a hurry.

Saw a quilting friend yesterday, sort of a novice with machine
quilting, who just finished assembling a set of fall placemats in a
fabric printed with oak leaves. Her husband is starting to get
involved -he suggested strongly that she ought to quilt them with
meandering leaves and acorns. And here we thought that 50% of
non-quilting spouses never even notice these things.
Roberta in D

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 22:02:00 -0500, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

Last year I made 4 tree skirts. Kinda burned me on ever wanting to look at
a Christmas fabric. I've recovered I guess - my placemats really do need
replacing. I have some that are about 20 years old and still sparkle - and
some that are only 2 or 3 years old that are quite drab. Wonder what that's
about? Polly

"Sally Swindells" wrote in message
Have a Christmas tree wall hanging ready for quilting and a table runner
half quilted. I may even get them finished for this year.

I've been taken over recently by the setting (chain) for the RCTQ BOM. All
the setting blocks are now made and sorted and the setting triangles done
too. Now I just need the November and December blocks and I will just have
the long seams to do. I didn't want to do my usual thing of enjoying doing
the BOMs and then put them away until I get round to doing the setting and
possibly just assembling them in a quick and easy way just to get the
project finished with. Hopefully by the time its turn comes to be quilted
I will be a little more proficient having quilted the UFOs already in the
queue!

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

On 25/10/2011 19:12, Sandy E wrote:
Howdy!

As Taria knows, it's 2 months 'til Christmas.
Anyone working on Christmas quilts?G

No, not me; I don't work to that deadline. I like to make
Christmas things in the summer,
to remind me that our hellish Tx. heat won't last forever. ;-P

Let the Festival begin!

Ragmop/Sandy- with a tote bag full of Trick-or-Treat candy:
I'm ready for all the holidays!