Old September 25th 09, 01:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Carl R

Default Naming is the game, and I suck at it.

Well, I do like to name my fused glass pendants - usually the name comes to
me right when I take them out of the kiln - first thing "I see". I think
coming up with the name is a favorite part of designing for me. My
favorite - "Too Long at the Martini Bar". I must say though that my
gemstone/other designs are named by materials - hmmm, I think it's time I
started giving them names . . .

http://www.cryanjewelryart.com/
Carl

"Sterling" wrote in message
Does anyone else have a hard time coming up with names to call their
jewelry pieces?
I do, and I don't know why. Sometimes the name just comes to you, but
most times I am at a loss.
I can sit here for hours and never come up with a name to call this stuff.
What the hell is wrong
with me?

I started a word document where I list name, terms, sayings, and anything
that strikes me as a
potential name for some jewelry piece - the right piece. I just started to
do this because I find
it SOOOOOOOOO hard to think of names for my pieces right when I need it.
That's helped, but I am
still having a hard time of it.

Does anyone else have this problem? What do you all do to name your
jewelry pieces?

Sterling