Old July 5th 08, 06:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Default Fri evening update [was OT [very] My Hometown is on Fire]

Once you get used to the desert it can easily become special. NY is a
big change from here. We first moved here in '89 and planned to stay
a couple of years and move on. It was a huge adjustment from San Diego
but after some time we learned to enjoy it. DS always hated it
and moved back to SD a few years ago. There just isn't a lot going on
for younger folks. It is really a different place than it was 20 years
ago.
Since we cut fat I rarely get to In and Out. : (
Taria

Judie in Penfield NY wrote:

I used to live in Hesperia, before that I was in Phelan. My Mom lived in
Phelan for years and years. I have two grandaughters, their mom and my
sister and her family all in Apple Valley, a brother in Hesperia and
various other relatives scattered in the high desert. I was just there
in January of this year and cannot believe how many people live in the
Victor Valley now.

It's sure not a "potty stop" to me, it's one of my old homes and I will
always have a special place in my heart for that area. Especially since
the In N Outs went in, two of them in Hesperia!

Judie