Old June 12th 15, 08:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat on the Green

Default Finished quick and easy!

I'm very pleased to be able to tell you that all three quilts have been
finished: two were given to the little girls last Sunday; the baby boy's
is being given to his Daddy today or Sunday.
I am grateful for all your suggestions.
What I did in the end we
Older girl - Trip around the world, in pinks, lilac and a bit of blue.
44" square
Younger girl - Warm wishes, in pink and lilac with burgundy and palest
grey for the stripey blocks. 42" square
Baby boy - Carpenter's Star, in blues and yellows.

The girls were delighted, I'm happy to say; and they began playing with
them straight away: wrapping themselves up in them, making a bed on the
floor and then up to their bedroom! Mum was pleased to hear they were
washable. So, I didn't have to say 'use them, don't keep them for best'
g. 32" square

I didn't take pictures I'm afraid. Sorry!

It was an experience to do something so quickly. Not sure I want to
repeat that! I'd gladly make the quilts; but my self-imposed deadline
was almost impossible (hence the fact that I didn't finish baby boy's
until yesterday).

But, now that I have done them, I am sure that I have recovered from my
'burn-out' after completing the set of altar cloths three years ago.

Hurray!!

Thanks again everyone,

Pat on the green