Old June 22nd 09, 08:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Pogonip[_2_]

Default Dress form recommendations?

Kate XXXXXX wrote:
John Smith wrote:
I am starting to search for a dress form online, and I'm having
difficulty finding much information.

Can anyone suggest some good quality dress forms? Also, if the person
I'm sewing for is on the border between a Small and a Large form,
which size should I get?

Thanks for any suggestions.

I have a whole family of these:
http://www.adjustoform.com/acatalog/...ectFit_82.html

You should be able to find something in the range to suit. My oldest (a
small) is now 27 years old and has just been renovated by myself and my
DH. With care they last much longer, though eventually the foam under
the fabric perishes and they need recovering. This is what we were
doing (and a repair where she had some slight damage after something
fell on her in storage).

They should be able to tell you who your most local stockist is, or
where you can get them online. They may ship direct outside the UK, but
I haven't explored that option as they are made only 30 miles from me.

There's a pretty good selection on eBay - http://spedr.com/5fj51
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.com