Old March 11th 07, 12:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Frosty

Default Buying a prop-ox torch setup

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 14:00:26 GMT in rec.crafts.jewelry mbstevens
, intended to write something
intelligible, but instead wrote :

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 08:29:07 +0000, C0nnie wrote:

Comes with 4 tips, one is a dual flame, looks like a horseshoe, one is
the typical small aperture of jewelers, one is a rosette. One tip is
on a long copper tube extending it beyond or between something
awkward- this is for heating and ac guys.

I wonder how often a jeweler will use the horseshoe. Do you do a lot of
tubing attachments? I'd beef it up by buying some extra normal tips in so
you have graded sizes. I like the idea of the kevlar on the hose.

FWIW, I have the little torch (Smith?) and use Oxy/ace.
I have one tip and it's been on there for about 15 years.
I have a bit of a larger torch for larger jobs and a HUGE combo
welding torch/cutting torch (changable tips) for large reduction.

I got tired of swapping out tanks so often and got the really tall
tanks that I need a hand truck thing with a chain to tote it around.
I also have too many check valves on all my lines and use quick
release fittings.

For your reading pleasu
http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com...ane-explosions