Old June 7th 05, 08:22 AM
Sally Swindells

I have a special eraser especially for fabric - looks just like a
normal one - try your quilting/fabric store.

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 02:29:10 GMT, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

Marcella's answer is so good I'm reluctant to throw in another idea (and I
don't know what effect washing and drying has had on the pencil marks) but
I've been very successful with an eraser. Not just any eraser. One from the
art section of somewhere like Michael's or Hobby Lobby. The eraser is
white - not yellow or pink. When you've used it for a few scrubs, you take
an emery board or sand paper and clean it up and go some more. Polly

"Marcella Peek" wrote in message
In article ,
(laura) wrote:

Does anyone know what might remove graphite pencil from quilt fabrics.
A friend's mom isn't seeing well and was too heavy on the pencil she
used. She still doesn't see the marks but my friend says they are
visible. Quilt was washed and marks did not wash out. Any ideas?
I see something about using tea but I can't see that working either.

Thanks in advance.

Laura

You can buy a product called Sew Clean which removes them. Here's a
source
http://elsiemcampbell.com/completestore.html

Or, you can make a solution of
1 part water
3 parts rubbing alcohol
1-2 drops palmolive or joy dishwashing liquid (not dawn as it can bleach
fabrics)

mix together and apply to marks with a cotton swab. Gently scrub with a
soft toothbrush. Wipe dry.

just be sure to test before spreading on the whole quilt!

marcella