Old February 10th 04, 11:22 PM
Carol

Sorry for the delay in responding but I was out of town and for some reason
I couldn't post to the newsgroups through the laptop I took with me.

Custom builders do fairly well in that their work is usually expensive.
However, I don't know how much of a market there is for them. Putting
together kits and painting, shingling, electrifying is very time consuming
and you'd probably end up working for less than the minimum wage.

I've seen some very expensive, custom made and finished dollhouses at shows
and I rarely see them sold. They may sell at the very big shows such as
Chicago and Philly but not at the smaller shows. A woman with a table
across from me at a show had some fairly pricey dollhouses and she didn't
sell any and frankly I thought they were overpriced. She had 2 tables at
the show and at $185 a table plus hotel that's a costly investment.

The problem with completed houses is the high cost of shipping and it might
have to be crated. This could limit your market to a small geographical
radius.

Your best bet would be to try and work with a local dollhouse shop but then
you'd have to give the owner a commission.

Another possibility is to do small, theme houses or shops.

Carol
S P Miniatures
http://www.spminiatures.com

"Cathy Weeks" wrote in message
om...
Is there any money to be made by building dollhouses for sale? From
the looks of things from eBay, no. But I could be wrong?

Cathy Weeks