Old March 20th 05, 02:17 PM
Erin Winslow

"Cynthia Spilsted" skrev i meddelandet
Okay ladies (and gents):
Get out from under your crinolines, prom dresses, quilts and costumes and
check in with us! . . .Two days and no posts............I might have to go

back down and actually
sew those costumes I've been avoiding!

Well, since ya asked! Here's a bit from a letter I wrote my cousin in the
U.S.:
On Sat. Feb 19th, Harri came home from a party, slipped on an icy patch
outside our apartment building and fell against the doorway on his way in.
He had a concussion from this as well as a gash on his forehead so he
threw-up in the stairwell.
At about 4 am I woke-up and started worrying about what had happened to
Harri. I heard something making noise in the stairwell and went to the front
door to check. Imagine my chock when I opened the door to find him standing
there in the dark with blood on his head and vomit down the front of his
jacket! He looked like something out of a horror movie!

I couldn?t get much out of him at first and was more concerned about getting
him cleaned-up anyway, so it wasn?t until the next day that I could piece
together the entire story. Harri didn?t want to go to the doctor and the
wound on his head wasn?t back enough to need stitches, so I just kept an eye
on him at home, checked his pupils, etc. He?s better now, but it took a
couple of weeks for him to stop feeling dizzy when he moved his head
suddenly.

On a happier note I am getting ready for this years Konstrunda (Open Studio
Days). It will be for 3 days (May 5-7) and this year I intend to build a
better exhibit. Last year STUBO was renovating our apartments during April
and that interferred with my preparations, to say the least. Anyway, I am
going to build a "spooky forest" in the hobby room but I can?t do anything
that I can?t undo at the end of the exhibit (like hammer nails into the
walls). There?s a hallway leading into the main area so I?ll set-up tension
curtain rods across part of that and I can hang some gauze curtains from
them. I?ll set-up the tables in the main area so it?s like a banquet hall
but with fabric bowls, etc. Think Judy Chicago?s The Dinner Party without
the ceramics. :-)

Plus I have some ideas on stuff for the kids to do. There are about 10-15
kids who live in this apartment complex and they expect something fun after
last year (when we decorated the little, fabric bags. Plus, I had a craft
day with them on Feb. 19th (that was why I didn?t go to the party with
Harri). The entire exhibit will have a Lord of the Rings/Harry Potter feel
to it (I hope!!!) so I want to do something that will tie-in with that.

Hope that wasn't TMI!!! Anyway, I will be making my Gandalf/Witchy hat
sometime during the next couple of days. :-) I've sown patches onto an old,
black broomstick skirt and I'll pin it up in places to look even more
tattered. Who knows what I'll come up with between now and May 5th!!!

Erin