Old December 21st 07, 03:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Default OT prescription law??

Noooo, dear Taria. Don't feel any pain. The situation was easily resolved.
It seems the pharmacy assistant was accustomed to counting 30 pills instead
of 45 which would equal 90 days chopping the pills in half. The mistake was
easily explained. I didn't even have to haul out the 'cold gray glare' or
even lower my voice to a scary tone.
I just remain puzzled as to why "It's the Law!" about when and how many
pills can be dispensed if they are certainly not a Controlled Substance,
popular on the party scene or even particularly interesting.
Since our precious rctq group has incredible knowledge of all things, I
was just wondering if anyone could explain this to me. I am capable of
going to the local (well, . . . not very local) law library and researching
it myself. Just was thinking someone knew the whys and therefores of this
one.
It could be so much worse. I could have an encumbrance lasting more
than 36 hours and an overwhelming urge to gamble. Well. . . that's what the
drug companies warn about on tv. Polly

"Taria" wrote in message
Well Polly, you lost me on the 'somebody with a cool head'.
That usually isn't me. Did you ask the pharmacist for a clear
explanation? Would it help if you had a 90 day batch instead of
30? Sorry I can't help except to feel your pain.
Taria

Polly Esther wrote:
Will somebody with a cool head please try to explain pharmacy law to me?
Last week I noticed that my blood pressure medication would run out on
Christmas Day. I thought they would not like to make an emergency trip
to the store so I called in the refill number.
Well. I tried.
The robot that answers their phone said it was to early to refill.
Now. I really like that robot. He asks simple questions, I punch in
the prescription number, the # sign when he gets it right and then I
punch in what day and hour I am likely to appear to hand over my $s and
get my pills.
No problem. Works for me.
Today I tried again. Gave up with reasoning with the robot and had
to speak with a real pharmacist.
I like them too. They know lots. Quite often, they know a heap more
than our fine cardiologists do.
The question is: What is it with filling a prescription too soon?
Is the drug company or the insurance company going to declare bankruptcy
if I mess up their regular schedule? Do they think I'm going to sit
outside the Old Folks Home and peddle my pills to innocent old coots?
What?
This baffles me. It's not like I was taking really good stuff. It
is only such a low dose that they don't make one and the smallest has to
be chopped in half.
Anyone understand this? Polly