Old September 8th 04, 01:01 AM
Kristen

Thanks for the "welcome back"

Homespun would be nice for the actual poncho since it's a great yarn,
nice texture and color combinations, but Homespun is not great for
doing fringe. It does not stay twisted very well and the frayed ends
are not attractive. I have an afghan made with a similar yarn (Red
Heart's version of a similar twisted yarn), and it has fringe and even
though at one time, the fringe was even and neat, now it's kind of
ratty looking. But it's okay since the afghan itself isn't the best
(chalk it up as a lesson learned as a novice crocheter a few years
ago!).

Homespun is also a difficult yarn sometimes to crochet because it's
hard to see the stitches. You kind of have to go by "feel" sometimes
to find the holes. I've got a scarf on knitting needles made of
homespun, LOL. Knitting with Homespun wasn't really hard...other than
I'm not a very good knitter, YET! I'm too impatient and like the
speed of crocheting better!

~Kristen

(Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote in message ...
Hee Kirsten Welcome back ,, god to READ you !!
And why is the homespun not good for a poncho ????
mirjam

My roommate wanted to use Homespun on her poncho but I quickly told her she
couldn't use it if she wanted fringe! I used TLC Amore yarn, while she
chose to use some Wool-Ease. I finished mine over the weekend and have been
commissioned to make two more, and to finish one I'd started out of scrap
yarn to test out the pattern (of course, I'm not going to have enough of the
scrap to finish, by just barely, so I"ll have to buy another skein of it).
This one works up very quickly!

~Kristen