Old November 5th 03, 01:52 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

In article ,
wrote..
Nice and simple! Thanks.
Katherine

LOL, guess who's B-A-a-a-C-K, and you're welcome.
Only two things to add, one, I forgot to say in it that the FAQ's
would be posted around the middle of every month, and second..
our good friend SueCD gently informed me of some yarn differences
that I wasn't aware of:

Begin quote

A thought about yarn equivalents... most of the conversion charts
I've
seen (including the one Cher posted a little while back - and I
forgot
to bookmark!) say that UK DK yarn is nearer to the US sport
weight
than to worsted weight, and that US worsted is nearer to UK Aran
weight which is thicker than DK.

My partners so far have used sport weight yarn and it looks
almost
identical to the DK over here, but I suppose, like anything else,
there's probably a bit of variation.

End quote

So, that might help, then again, it might hinder!
Ahh well, such is life!
Hugs,
Noreen

--