Old November 4th 03, 05:05 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

Default FAQ - Ongoing 6 x 6 square exchange:

FAQ - Ongoing 6 x 6 Exchange.

Q: How do I participate?

A: A sign-up sheet is posted near the end of the month, for the
following month, entitled/subjected: 6 x 6 sign-ups for
_________ (month).

Q: What is the protocol?

A: You will be assigned a partner who has also signed up for
that month.
Your next step is to contact your partner off-list, and exchange
information
a} Real name if using an alias, Snail Mail address.
b} Color preference, if you have one.
c} Yarn types can also be discussed with your partner, although
the general preference has been worsted weight, aka DK, and
acrylic or an acrylic blend (for allergy and washability reasons)

Q: Are all squares 6 x 6?

A: Yes. Swatching can help you achieve this measurement goal.
The recommendation is that, realizing that no one is perfect, it
is better for your squares to be slightly smaller, rather than
larger than 6 x 6.

Q: Are squares knit or crochet?

A. Either or both. This decision is up to the maker, not the
recipient.

Q: My squares are done, now what?

A: Send them to your partner. Email your partner offlist and
tell them they're on their way. You may also post at rcty: 6 x
6 sent.

Q: I have received my squares, now what?

A: Post at rcty: 6 x 6 received. Also, it is recommended that
you also email your partner.

Q: A situation has arisen... what to do?

A: If you cannot meet your obligation, please let your partner
know as soon as possible. Also, do inform the management team
asap. Arrangements can be made to accomodate everyone.

Q: Am I automatically included in the exchange once I've signed
up?

A: NO. You'll need to sign up each and every month that you
wish to be included. (this way, one can 'drop-out' when
necessary, and re-join when you are ready.)

Any other questions can be directed to the newsgroup rcty, under
the subject 6 x 6 questions.
You may also have concerns that you wish to inquire about off-
list. The 6 x 6 management team consists of:
Cher R.
Nora B.
Noreen J.

Thank you for your participation in the 6 x 6 square-exchange
project.

The Management Team

--
STRIP *tease* to email me.