Old March 10th 04, 05:00 AM
KJ

Someone asked why I switched from Wonder Under to try the Heat and Bond. I
guess I was influenced by the craft and quilt shows who tout it as a good
fusible. I also have used the Steam a Seam 2 and had pretty good luck with
it. It seemed a little on the stiff side. I have a big roll of it in a box
to use up so I won't be switching to the Steam a Seam lite yet. I had a
whole bolt of Wonder Under I bought years ago when I had a wholesale number
and had a small business. The bolt has gone "bad" and the paper won't
release from the web any more. That's why I tried some new products. I'm
glad to hear someone else didn't have good luck with the Heat and Bond...I
thought it was just me!

"Maureen Wozniak" wrote in message
I've never had good results with Heat n Bond. I've finally decided that
I like Steam A Seam best of the fusibles that are available to me. There
is also Steam A Seam Lite which is good for appliqué.

Maureen

KJ wrote:
After being a WonderUnder user for many years, I switched to Heat and

Bond
lite for fusible appliqué projects. At first I ignored the instructions
(after all, I KNEW how to fuse!) and I wasn't happy with the results.

So I
have tried fusing with their directions and am still not very happy,

Here's
what happens.... I get the image of the bumps on the front side of the
appliqué piece, especially on lighter fabrics. So I thought maybe I was
still fusing too long, or too hot....but when reduced both, I didn't get

good fuse. Have any of you been consistently successful with this

fusible?
It might be a little more flexible than WonderUnder, but I'm not seeing

much
difference.
Any ideas?

--