Old December 2nd 03, 09:24 PM
Cynthia Nottingham \(MS\)

This Vogue pattern might be a good place to start:
http://store.sewingtoday.com/cgi-bin...&UK=31 605874

You'd need to remove the but darts (the ones that go from the side bodice
seam to the point of the bust) and then add two in the two center "pleats".
It would be easy to do the cut-out at the bust.

I agree that the hardest part will be all of the trim work - I'm no good at
getting that kind of stuff straight

Good luck!

"azalea" wrote in message
om...
I need some advice so I thought this would be the best place ask! My
highschool semi formal is coming up in a couple of months, and I've
been searching far and wide for a dress, but to no avail. I was on the
net last night and found THE perfect dress--

http://a1624.g.akamai.net/7/1624/146...0026_5f2cb.jpg
, but I don't have nor want to pay $400 for it!

I've only made some simple skirts, nothing this elaborate. Do you guys
think that this will be too difficult for an almost newbie to make? It
doesn't look too difficult (but this is to a novice eye)...it's a
cotton poly blend, which I'm sure I could find at a fabric store, and
the ribbons would hide the seams and darts so even if I made a mistake
that could be covered. Am I completely deluding myself here? (please
say no...haha!)