Old March 24th 14, 03:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
[email protected]

Default Has anyone ever MacGyvered way to have regular sewing machinehold thread cone?

On Wednesday, March 21, 2012 10:40:42 PM UTC-4, Craftsy wrote:
A couple of years ago or so, I saw a sale for cones of thread at a

very good price so I bought a couple. I've since never been able to

figure out how to use them on my regular sewing machine. When I went

around Xmas to fabric store, they told me that those were for sergers

and that I couldn't use them in any way on a regular sewing machine.

Well, I've never been one to believe something can't be done until

I've exhausted all avenues. I _still_ may not have figured out what I

can do to use the cones on the single slim spindle on my Singer but

thought maybe someone here had created something that would do the

job.

I thought it couldn't hurt to ask.

Has anyone figured out anything that works?

Thanks. D

U can also just get a coffee mug and put it behind your machine and put the spool inside of it and just thread the machine the normal way