Old November 2nd 07, 11:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Default motifs in clothes-canes

I would cut the canes as thin as possible, using a tissue blade. This
can take some practice. Then, I'd lay them on your carrier sheet/base
layer. Cover with a piece of deli wrap (also called patty paper or candy
film) then use your fingers or an acrylic rod to get the slices to
adhere to the sheet. Do not run through the machine, unless it is on a
setting just slightly thinner than your sheet - the canes will distort,
no matter what.

These links may be of help:

http://lindly.wordpress.com/tips/
http://lindly.wordpress.com/2007/10/18/slice-em-thin/
http://polymerclayexpress.com/storage.html (scroll down for deli wrap)

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Habitué

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

http://www.penguintrax.com
http://www.backseatgrammarian.com
http://www.polymerclayworkshops.com

wrote:
Hi all

I'm new in polymer clay, and I'm trying to do sculptures. I'd like to
dress my little people with polymer dresses. My problem is with the
motifs, I've tried to do square canes (with four flowers, for
instance) and then put them on top of a thin layer of polymer. My
problem is that I end up with different thicknesses of motifs and when
I pass the layer through the pasta machine they distort a lot. Also,
sometimes they break. What can I do?

Thanks