Old March 8th 04, 09:16 PM
Kellie J. Berger

Welcome!
You are gonna get *lots* of differing opinions on this.... some say if you
hand piece you should hand quilt, some say machine all the way, I like to
machine piece, hand applique and hand quilt --usually... although i have
been known to mix and match throughout the quilt. I sometimes let the
difficulty of the pattern tell me what to do too.... Y seams often get hand
done, cause that's easier for me, sometimes machine strip piecing is
easiest.

I think it depends a lot on time constraints, comfort zones, whether you
want this to be an heirloom or a well used-often washed quilt, but the most
important thing is that you enjoy it. Ragmop will tell you Finished Is
GOOD!

Best of luck! And show us when you're done? someone else will tell you
where to post pics if you don't have a website.....

Kellie

"Blaster Master" wrote in message
. com...
Hey all,

I'm new to the newsgroup and thought I'ld say "Hi!". I learned to quilt
from my Mom, who IMO makes the most beautiful quilts, but I may be biased.
:-) I do have a question though, years ago I cut out pieces for a quilt
using a 'baby block' design/pattern. Anyways, Mom said the best way to

put
it together was piecing by hand. (That's probably why I haven't finished
it.) Can someone please reassure me there's a way to do this by machine??
Please.....it would be so much fun to prove Mom wrong. hahaha :-)

Deb in AR